Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Poem

I want to write you a poem.
One that's full of magic.
One that takes your breath away.
One that steals a few joyous tears from your eyes.

I want to conjure words.
Beautiful words that you will hold in your heart forever.
Words that will twist and wrap you in a net of emotion.
The word that say how I feel about you.

Your smile forever seared into the twitching meat at my core.
Your hair like ivy kissed with autumn's gold
Eyes like fresh turned soil that glitter with the most impish of innocence.
The honeyed liquor that is your scent.

Because it's always you.
Since the moment I met you.
When I knew that I would love you.
Fiercely. Painfully. And without end.

And so we do this little dance.
A dance of poems and stories.
Of furtive glances and lingering hugs.
Two steps forward and one step back.

Secrets and mistakes nothing more than movements.
As we stumble
Laugh.
And cry to music that we can't hear.

My Mermaid.
My Princess.
My Lovelorn Paladin.
My private hope that fairy tales can come true.

I wanted to write you a poem.


But all that came out were words.  

No comments:

Post a Comment